We talk often about awakening. What exactly does that really mean? In the simplest terms, it means the ability to expand your consciousness. We are and we act based on what we perceive. However, because of a number of reasons, including what we are taught and told how to act, we do very little to expand our perceptions (our consciousness). An example, everyone knows that the earth rotates once every 24 hours, and the earth rotates around the sun every 365 days, more or less, but how many of us know how long it takes the sun to rotate around the center of the Milky Way, our galaxy? It is simply a matter of expanded perception. In the world as we know it and our so-called science tells us, all the information is outside of us and therefore this information is the only information to base your perception of what is real. However, is that really true? Religions and Philosophies tell us that the true information of who we are is found by an inward search. What is real? What is the truth? The answer is both. The world “out there” does have a lot of historical information, and the words of many bright minds that have come before us. That information is valuable and contains much truth and wisdom. However making a true effort to travel inward reveals “OUR TRUTH”. That truth which goes a long way in answering the most important question each of us can ask. Who Am I, why am I here, and what is my purpose for being? There are keys to making the journey inward and to unlocking the door to an expanded consciousness:
- The key to meditation is grounding. Because we are made of the same elements, aligning with the energy of Nature and Mother Earth is essential in creating the connection with Source. Meditation in a beautiful outdoor setting is ideal, but at least consciously appreciating the warmth of the sun, a fresh breeze, the smell of the outdoor air on a daily basis can help with your meditation, even if done indoors.
- The key to getting to that place of peace in meditation. In order to really expand your consciousness in a meditative state you must understand the difference between being at peace and being IN peace. Trying to be at peace infers that “something”, a thought or an intention, or a reality can disturb and therefore displace your peace. Nothing could be further from the truth. Your soul or your essence is always in peace. Without effort, thought, or intention you can naturally achieve being in this place. Remember, you need NO EFFORT to get there, just be there. As a guru once told me, never give thoughts “bed and breakfast” in this place. Just let thoughts come and go as they please while you are simply the observer. These are not your thoughts of your essence, they are just thoughts of ego and mind. Let them do their dance through your space of peace and let them dance away as well. Come and go, come and go.
- The key to raising your vibration is positive emotion. The highest vibrational energy in motion is love. Unconditional love seems an impossibility for most of us to achieve. So remember being a child and pretend you can achieve that state. Sounds a bit corny, but fake it till you make it.
- The key to loving another is loving yourself. Loving yourself creates an expansive space within your heart to that allows unconditional love for another. We are taught to judge and guard our actions. This is wrong and it divides your essence. When you judge yourself you are dividing your essence, half to be the judge, and half to be judged. First, dividing your essence is impossible and secondly, you are not capable of judging yourself in the first place. Don’t do it.
- The key to loving yourself is recognizing who you are. Loving yourself is loving Source. When you achieve this goal your consciousness will explosively expand. Everyone knows the words that we are part of “the one”, but very few of us have actually experienced being the ONE.
- The key to discernment is intuition. Following your gut and it will show you the way every time. You certainly can consider the words of others, including what is being said here. However you are the only person equipped to know your truth. You need no one to tell you that reality.
- The key to forgiveness is compassion. The emotional energy of compassion allows for forgiveness which heals wounds and allows us to move forward. In order to expand our consciousness, we must make room for it. Carrying old baggage concerning ourselves and others needs dumped.
- The key to faith is trust. Faith is the knowingness that comes from trusting who you are.
- The key to receiving is gratitude. Gratitude is the appreciation for the Universe’s gifts. Start with being grateful that you are conscious in the first place. Just thank the Universe for the ability to be aware. It is the place to start expressing gratitude. As your consciousness expands so will the things you will be grateful for having received.
- The key to peace is the Golden Rule. If everyone were to treat others as they would want to be treated, the world would be a different place. This is one historical reality that exists in all of the religions of the world, without exception.
- The key to standing in your power is knowledge. The knowledge of who and what you are allows for you to take your power back from those who wish to dominate and control you and harvest your energy. YOU ARE NOW AWAKE!
- The key to freedom is expansion. Creating the space for expansion will allow humanity to move into a place that is not accessible by a lower vibrational existence. Fear disappears, apprehensions flee, and confidence of who you are and where you are going replace these negative destructive emotions.
- The key to spiritual mastery is simplicity. A comprehensive understanding of returning to oneness brings everything into perspective in this experience that we call life. It really is simple. Just be.
If you seriously consider these keys on a daily basis and you take an hour to meditate each day in your own way and your own manner using these keys as guidelines, you will become fully awake, in peace, and confident in the manner you will conduct your life. We wish you luck and in the most loving manner possible we all need to wake up.