In the previous article, I proposed that for this election cycle we vote as patriots instead of party affiliation. I did so because I honestly believe we are dangerously close to being totally enslaved economically if we don’t wake up right now. I am not the only informed individual who believes this. A very good read is a three part series in Economy called Who Destroyed the Middle Class. It is a must read for everyone.
No rhetoric, just facts are important here. The political jabber is to distract us, but facts paint the “truth” of reality. So I am presenting just the facts here for your consideration. Anyone who puts all these pieces of the puzzle together can figure for themselves what is really going on. I am hoping that somehow we actually “participate” from a point of knowledge and NOT political BS and propaganda.
Think about these things when you go to the polls:
- Forty-six million Americans (one in seven) are on food stamps.
- One in seven is unemployed or underemployed.
- The percentage of those out of work defined as long-term unemployed is the highest (42%) since the Great Depression.
- 54% of college graduates younger than 25 are unemployed or underemployed.
- 47% of Americans receive some form of government assistance.
- Employment-to-population ratio for 25- to 54-year-olds is now 75.7%, lower than when the recession “ended” in June 2009.
- There are 7.7 million fewer full-time workers now than before the recession, and 3.3 million more part-time workers.
- Eight million people have left the labor force since the recession “ended” — adding those back in would put the unemployment rate at 12% instead of 8.2%.
- The number of unemployed looking for work for at least 27 weeks jumped 310,000 in May, the sharpest increase in a year.
- Over 7.5 million homes have been foreclosed upon by the Wall Street bankers since 2008.
- The National Debt has increased by $5.7 trillion (57% increase) since September 2008, while real GDP has risen by $305 billion (2.3% increase) since the 3rd quarter of 2008.
- Interest income paid to senior citizens and savers has declined by $400 billion (29% decline) since September of 2008 due to Ben Bernanke’s ZIRP.
- Government transfer payments have risen by $500 billion (32% increase) since September 2008, while private industry wages have risen by $200 billion (4.7% increase).
- The price of a gallon of gas has risen from $1.70 in December 2008 to $3.53 today.
- Food prices have risen by 7% to 10% since late 2008, even using the falsified BLS data. A true assessment by anyone who actually goes to a grocery store (not Bernanke – his maid does the shopping) would be a 10% to 20% increase.
What these facts mean translates DIRECTLY to you. No one is UNAFFECTED by these realities. I am sure anyone of you would not tolerate a thieve coming into your house and stealing your money, but that is EXACTLY what is going on here! How long do we sleep or apathetically go about our daily routines telling ourselves “this doesn’t concern me” or “there is nothing I can do, the political process is so corrupt.” This simply is not true. Especially those of you who are 18-34, you must wake up and step up to protect yourselves. That is not a dramatic statement, it is fact.
I know you like pictures and graphs, so here are a few to consider:
George Carlin, the hip comedian of the 70’s and 80s said this in 1979! Now we should call him prophet.
George Carlin on “The System” in 1979!
“Politicians are put there to give you that idea that you have freedom of choice. You don’t. You have no choice. You have owners. They own you. They own everything. They own all the important land, they own and control the corporations, and they’ve long since bought and paid for the Senate, the Congress, the State Houses, and the City Halls. They’ve got the judges in their back pockets. And they own all the big media companies so they control just about all the news and information you get to hear. They’ve got you by the balls.
They spend billions of dollars every year lobbying to get what they want. Well, we know what they want; they want more for themselves and less for everybody else. But I’ll tell you what they don’t want—they don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That’s against their interest. You know something, they don’t want people that are smart enough to sit around their kitchen table and figure out how badly they’re getting fucked by a system that threw them overboard 30 fucking years ago. They don’t want that, you know what they want?
They want obedient workers, obedient workers. People who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork and just dumb enough to passively accept all these increasingly shittier jobs with the lower pay, the longer hours, the reduced benefits, the end of overtime and the vanishing pension that disappears the minute you go to collect it. The table is tilted folks, the game is rigged. Nobody seems to notice, nobody seems to care. Good honest hard working people, white collar, blue collar, it doesn’t matter what color shirt you have on. Because the owners of this country know the truth, it’s called the American Dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it.”
I think by just reporting the facts that we all can agree we are being robbed and screwed. We are becoming the obedient slaves desired by the power elite. I think we need to push back and do so within the system of democracy and political process that is in place and so carefully constructed by our forefathers. Let’s get the party started.
I know there are 1000’s of unemployed and under-employed lawyers out there. It is time you step up and lead the way. Let’s start at the top of the financial elite. The SEC has levied hundreds of millions of dollars in fines over the last three or four years for CRIMINAL behavior within the major banking and investing firms, but NOT one person has gone to jail. How can that be? Criminal behavior means there were SPECIFIC criminals. Criminals should go to jail, especially repeat offenders. Let’s get to the reality of that. If corporations are people and therefore can be considered “a person” under the law, then corporations that have been convicted of criminal activity should be banned from receiving any type of federal benefits including bailouts and participating in the Federal Reserve System. That would be a good start.
While the courts have ruled that PACS are people and therefore they are free to contribute unlimited amounts of money to politicians, then they should not be considered TAX free organizations. They should be taxed just like everyone else. Let’s demand that be the case. I am sure we could get a few of the IRS bulldogs that would love getting that done.
Surely there are some bright young folks out there that can figure out how to start these legal proceedings. Remember the story of Ghandi and the salt. We have to start somewhere and it must be passive resistance and peaceful protest, but it must start right now.